Back our long Covid plan
It is shameful that it took a Scottish Liberal Democrat-led debate for the plight of long Covid sufferers to be heard in Parliament.
The SNP/Green Government’s action plan on long Covid is totally unfit for the scale of this challenge. Many Scots would be better off moving to England where there are well-established clinics and a care pathway.
We need to do much more to help long Covid sufferers. That is why we are calling on the SNP/Green Government to:
- Have specialist long Covid clinics in every health board
- Train more long Covid community nurses to offer in-home support
- Give everyone who needs it access to physiotherapy and rehab treatment
- Make sure long Covid sufferers are not penalised financially because they are absent from work for longer periods
- Expand social prescribing, connecting more people to community and non-clinical services at no extra cost
- Remobilise the Scotland Cares volunteers to help long Covid sufferers