Following a campaign visit to Borders College in Galashiels today, Scottish Liberal Democrat Leader Willie Rennie unveiled his party's five point plan to build a brighter future for Scotland by investing in public services, tackling the climate crisis and putting a stop to Brexit and the threat of independence.
The Liberal Democrat 5 point plan sets out plans to:
- Stop Brexit and invest the £50 billion Remain Bonus in public services and tackling inequality.
- Stop another independence referendum in Scotland, and stop the division, chaos, new borders and economic cost that independence would cause.
- Transform our mental health services by treating mental health with the same urgency as physical health
- Tackle the climate emergency by generating 80% of UK electricity from renewables by 2030 and insulating all low-income homes by 2025.
- Build a fair economy by providing money for free childcare from 9 months and investment in Scottish schools and nurseries.
Willie Rennie said:
"I'm delighted to unveil the Scottish Liberal Democrats plan to put an end to the constitutional chaos that has plagued our country for years and get on with building a brighter future.
"There are priorities that both of Scotland's governments should be focused on tackling, instead of letting the debates about Brexit and independence rage on and on. Our performance on education is slipping and people are suffering because mental health services are not up to scratch. We can do so much better.
"The Liberal Democrats stand on the side of the majority of people in Scotland who want to see Scotland remain in the UK and the UK keep its place in the European Union.
"The SNP peddle the myth that it's one or the other, but that's not true. With a Liberal Democrat government, you can have both.
"In this election we have an opportunity build a brighter future. On 12th December vote Liberal Democrat to do just that."
The Scottish Liberal Democrats' 5 point plan can be viewed online at scotlibdems.org.uk/plan
A picture of Willie Rennie visiting Borders college can be found here