Saturday 7th November 2020 from 10am
Will you join us for our part of the Party's National Action Day?
Saturday 7th November 2020 is the Party’s National Action Day (following the announcement of our lead Scottish Parliament candidates next week at the Scottish Party Conference). Right across Scotland, Liberal Democrats will be taking to the streets to launch the campaign activity.
The continuing coronavirus crisis (and the extra restrictions in Glasgow region) limits what we can do, so the focus of the Action Day will be on leaflet delivery.
In Glasgow Region, the Action Day will take place in Rutherglen and Cambuslang - where we have held council seats continuously since 1977. It will be led by:
· Carole Ford, Convener of Glasgow City Party and one of our top Scottish Parliament candidates)
· Sheila Thomson, Scottish Parliament candidate for Rutherglen Constituency, and
· Councillor Robert Brown, Leader of Liberal Democrat Group on South Lanarkshire Council
There will be TWO locations, meeting from 10am:
- Bankhead Road, Rutherglen (at Bankhead Primary School), Rutherglen G73 2BQ
- Contact Robert Brown 07966 172742
- Stewarton Drive, Cambuslang (at junction with Hunterfield Drive), Cambuslang G72 8DA
- Contact Tom Bryson 07564 687603
Covid-19 restrictions mean -
- People should come in their own transport, rather than using public transport if possible
- Car sharing is not advised except for family members
- Bring your own sanitiser bottles (we will have some if you forget)
- Bring a mask
- We can’t gather as a group
We will give out bundles of leaflets to individuals as appropriate. The emphasis of the Action Day will be in the morning from 10am but we can accommodate people who would prefer to come in the afternoon.
We do need to know who is coming and roughly when to assist arrangements. Please email Robert Brown at [email protected] if you are able to join us.
We hope to see as many as possible of you on the day.
Greater Glasgow Liberal Democrats
Rutherglen & Hamilton West Liberal Democrats
Bankhead Primary School
Rutherglen, Scotland G73 2BQ
Google map and directions