Mike Rumbles MSP for North East Scotland is looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual to join his team to promote his Parliamentary work.
Although the post will be based in Edinburgh you will be required to travel most Mondays to attend meetings in the North East Region. Travel and accommodation will be met.
Salary: £22,213 - £24,000 per annum depending on experience
Full-time (37 hours per week) - 1 year fixed-term contract.
The successful candidate will be pro-active, flexible, organised, politically astute and able to manage their own workload.
- Arrange and attend regional advice surgeries, business/charity visits and other meetings in the North East Region (includes managing the MSP’s Monday regional diary).
- Research and develop local issue campaigns by coordinating with local stakeholders, councillors and community groups (including drafting press releases and coordinating with local media).
- Draft letter responses to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents and groups.
- Dealing with daily queries from members of the public by phone or email, and taking the appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or enquiries. Provide support to constituents on a variety of issues, through liaison with Government agencies, Local Authorities and others.
- Establish a social media presence in the Region, follow up on social media queries and comments (manage website contents).
- Keeping accurate records, in line with Data Protection principles.
- Undertaking general administrative/secretarial tasks and carrying out other duties as directed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills especially with letter writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to create and sustain a positive working relationship with the MSP and external bodies.
- Will have a basic knowledge of standard office practices and IT packages.
- A commitment to supporting Mike Rumbles in pursuing his Liberal Democrat values and aspirations.
- Experience working in a busy office.
- Awareness of regional (North East) and national political issues and knowledge of the North East Region.
- Experience at creating content and using social media as a communication tool.
- Full driving license and use of a car.
Closing Date: 1 October 2017
Interviews will take place in the second half of October.
Start date will depend on the availability of the successful applicant.
Apply with no more than a 2 page CV and 1 page covering letter by email to email@example.com.
I value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.