Alex Cole-Hamilton MSP is looking for an Administration Assistant to join his constituency office in Corstorphine. The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys the challenges and flexibility of working in a small team, be organised and have a strong desire to help constituents.
Salary: £17,237 - £21,187 per annum (pro-rata)
Part-time 16 hours per week, worked over 2-3 days, one of which must be Monday or Friday
Closing Date: Monday 16 April (12noon)
Interview: Interviews will be held at the Constituency Office in Corstorphine on Friday 27 April
Start Date: ASAP
To apply, send a copy of your CV, along with a single page supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the requirements set out above to: email@example.com or to Alex Cole-Hamilton MSP, 151 St John’s Road, Edinburgh, EH12 7SD.
To provide full administrative support including, drafting documents, filing, taking enquiries from constituents and stakeholders, replying to routine correspondence and providing support for meetings and surgeries.
- Supporting the MSP’s Parliamentary work, including communications via e-mail, letter and phone, maintaining and managing diary and providing support for meetings;
- Drafting letters and other documents, as required;
- Sorting incoming correspondence into priority order and preparing draft replies to routine correspondence;
- Taking enquiries from the general public, constituents and stakeholders where appropriate;
- Maintaining a filing system, associating previous papers with current correspondence, and extracting documents on request;
- Complying in full with the relevant Data Protection rules and regulations
- Liaising with Councillors, officials, Parliament staff, MSPs, MPs and MEPs;
- General administrative duties as required.
Key skills and competencies:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Scottish political scene
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting the local community
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to identify and take forward issues on behalf of constituents
- Flexible approach to working with the ability to work on their own initiative within a small local constituency office
- High standard of administrative skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with a polite, pleasant and confident telephone manner
- Ability to deal with constituents and outside bodies in a confidential manner
- Experience of dealing with sensitive issues and respecting the need for confidentiality
- Strong organisational skills