Candidate for Skye, Lochaber & Badenoch and the Highlands & Islands regional list
Angela has been campaigning on local issues since 1983, when she first helped in Charles Kennedy MP’s election. Angela was elected to the Highland Council in 2003 after being asked to stand by Mr Kennedy.
Angela says: “People want a local candidate who will work to get things done for our communities.
“There are many distinct and unique communities scattered throughout Skye, Lochaber & Badenoch. I want to make sure we get a fair deal from the Scottish Government - it’s not ‘one size fits all’. That is why I’m standing for our area in the Scottish Parliament elections.”
MSPs were sent from the Highlands to Holyrood, but they haven’t been able to make us heard. Our schools are being squeezed, our emergency services have been centralised and our lifeline roads left in a dangerous state of disrepair.
The Scottish Parliament wasn’t set up to centralise power in the Central Belt. We need to make the Highlands heard in Edinburgh again – like we were heard when we fought to scrap the Skye Bridge tolls. Only Angela MacLean will speak up strongly for the future of our communities.
- Angela is a hard-working Councillor who listens and gets things done.
- Angela has the experience to make a difference on the issues that matter to you.
- Angela is proud to have worked closely with Charles Kennedy and John Farquhar Munro for over 30 years – she will fight hard for the better politics they both believed in.
- Highland Liberal Democrats have made a difference before: Skye Bridge tolls scrapped; unfair rural fuel tax lowered; our local schools supported for the future.
- Liberal Democrats stood alone against the SNP’s disastrous centralisation of our emergency services.
- The Highland Liberal Democrat team has a long history of speaking up for our communities on land reform, crofting and fair taxation.